Sunday, June 7, 2009

Be Still

I need this prayer handy at my keyboard fingertips regularly throughout the day. I thought I would share it with all of you. I’m sure you have days when you need it too. Enjoy and have a Son filled day!


How good it is to pause! Lord, I would like to slow down
Right now.
Why so much commotion? Why so much frenzy?
I do not know how to stop. I have forgotten to pray.
Now I close my eyes and wish to talk to you, Lord.
I wish to open up myself to your universe,
But my eyes cannot bear to stay closed.
I feel a frantic agitation invade my entire body;
It comes and goes, a prisoner of haste.
Lord, I would like to stop right now.
Why such a hurry? Why such unrest?
I cannot save the world.
I am merely a drop of water in the immense ocean of your marvelous creation.
What is really important is to stop from time to time,
and to proclaim your greatness, your beauty, your splendor, and your love.
What is urgent is to listen to you and to let you speak within me, to live in the depth of things,
and to take the time to look constantly for you in the silence of your mystery.
My heart continues to beat,
But in a different way.
I am doing nothing,
I am not hurrying,
I am simply before you, Lord.
And how good it is to be before you.
Amen.
-unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment