Sunday, June 7, 2009

The etiquette factor in hands-free cell phone usage is my pet peeve…..

We have become the society that wonders, with a purpose of course, around talking to ourselves. Everywhere you go someone is seemingly having a conversation with you without even an introduction. I really love watching the person in a brisk walk, intent on their destination conversing like they are in a room with five of their best friends.


I must confess that I too am a Bluetooth cell phone consumer. My purpose is two fold:



One: to avoid the chronic neck kink when handling a lengthy tech support call. The old fashion hand set was hard enough to brace between your ear and shoulder let alone the slim design of a Razor. It also frees up my hands to type multiple blogs while in a hold cue.

Two: is the absolute safety of my children, myself and everyone else on the road while driving. You can always tell when the person in front of you just got on the phone. They immediately swerve, usually into on coming traffic, and slow down 10 miles an hour while having their conversation. The use of a hands-free device while driving bacame law in California July 1, 2008.

The etiquette factor in hands-free cell phone usage is my pet peeve…..

Why can’t you people step out of the room or at least away from the table when taking a call. This goes for regular cell phone usage too. We always excused ourselves when taking a land line call, what changed here?

As for the person standing in a crowd talking to no one in the crowd, could you too please excuse yourself and get a life with out involving me.


Convenience, speed, and luxury for one has imposed great distress on many. Below is a quick etiquette test from one of my favorite tech sites, cnet.com

See how you rate. Enjoy

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-10779_7-5843439-1.html


p.s. I feel much better now that I have vented.

No comments:

Post a Comment